Polling stations will be open on Tuesday, November 2, 2021 from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the FI Community Center, Suffolk County Polling Station No.1.
The vote will take place on the 1st floor in the dining rooms. Voter registration / registration, ballots, voting booths and tabulator to vote will be located in the main dining room with an exit through the smaller dining room to the hallway.
No political signage or electoral campaign may be displayed or take place within 100 ′ of the polling place.
THE COMMUNITY CENTER is open. Masks must be worn in the cafe and please practice social distancing at the polling station. See more below.
Find more information here: www.elections.ny.gov
Find the sample ballot (when it will be available), links to several competitions of candidates, and proposals below. The CDC advises studying the ballot in advance so that you spend less time at polling stations nationwide.
Post Mistress Kathy Kauffman reminds us that she is at the Fishers Island Post Office if anyone needs advice on mailing ballots.
Suffolk County Council of Elections
700 Yaphank Avenue
Yaphank NY 11980
Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
631-852-4515 / 631-852-4682
Guidelines for Polling Place # 1 and COVID-19 Communication to Voters:
- Practice 6 ′ social distancing at all times and note signs and reminders at the voting location
- Vote in person on polling day during off-peak hours such as mid-morning and mid-afternoon
Voting remains accessible.
- The request for a postal vote in an accessible format is available on the Council of State’s website at www.elections.ny.gov/VotingAbsentee.html until October 18.
- County councils are required to have a BMD available for the postal voting period; and
- BMDs must be provided during early voting and on election day
A SAMPLE BULLETIN WILL BE ADDED HERE WHEN AVAILABLE
Click on the images above for a larger version.
Find a sample printable ballot in English and Spanish
by clicking on this button
2020 General Election Ballot – V2 Southold Pages Booklet
Vote on polling day
Polling stations in New York are open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. on election day. You can find your assigned polling station by by visiting the New York State Council of Elections website. For questions about voting in Suffolk, contact the Suffolk County Board of Elections at 631-852-4500.
Here are the major contested races that will be on the ballot for Suffolk County voters.