In my own role as a healthcare professional, it is essential to protect the interests of public health with correct information.
It is precisely because I have the ability to carefully separate fact from fiction that I am certainly most qualified to be a member of the Germantown School Board. Any suggestion to the contrary is partisan political trickery specifically designed to advance an agenda that is not in the best interests of our community, its residents and, most importantly, its students.
WCI COMMENTARY ETIQUETTE RULES: While open and honest debate is encouraged here, Washington County Insider asks that you adhere to the following rules for posting. Those who do not comply will have their posts deleted and may be banned from commenting.
In an effort to provide a great experience and be welcoming to everyone, Washington County Insider will not post comments and reserves the right to remove social media/Facebook posts that do not follow the guidelines below.
- Are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others. This is called “trolling”. Trollers know when they’re trolling, and so do we. *See definition of “troll” below. If you notice a few regular blog trolls disappearing, you’ll know why.
- Are sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable.
- Contains inappropriate or vulgar language that may cause offense.
- Break the law or condone or encourage illegal activity. This includes copyright infringement, defamation and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit.
- Are considered to be impersonating someone else.
- Repeatedly posting the same or similar messages (“spam”)
- Include personal contact information such as telephone numbers and mailing or email addresses.
- Include a link or photo that has not been approved by the editor before publication.
- Are considered campaigning. See also “trolling” above.
- Are irrelevant to the subject.
- Just because your comment doesn’t appear immediately doesn’t mean you’re censored. When you post a comment, it must first go through our filtering software. If unsuccessful, your comment is placed in a queue for manual approval.
- Just because a comment or advertisement is on the site does not mean that WCI endorses it.
- The above rules are not intended to stop critics or dissenters, but rather to stop those who are unable to participate in a civilized manner.
*Troll: a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by triggering arguments or by vexing people, by posting inflammatory remarks, superfluous or off-topic posts in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of eliciting an emotional reaction from readers or otherwise disrupt the normal discussion on the subject, often for the troll’s amusement. (source: Wikipedia)